My parents are not very good at keeping secrets. As much as I love them, they're still very obvious about some things. When my Dad kept asking me for the past week what I'm doing today, I got a little suspicious. When my Mom and Dad came into the room saying "Hey, there's something cool outside, wanna see?", it kind of gave things away. I'm still ridiculously happy because I GOT A CAR FOR MY BIRTHDAY!! My official birthday is on January 31st, but happiness came early this year!!!!
It's (obviously) a red MINI Cooper S and I'm in love with it. It's my baby. It's fantastic and so much fun to drive!!!! Thank you Mom and Dad!!!!
My mother and I have an obsession. It was started much before I was born with my mom, and has lasted (and increased) to today. The obsession is Lilly Pulitzer. It's actually a serious problem because we cannot control ourselves, especially when there are always sales on the internet and in the 3 Lilly stores near us. We used to keep all of our spring and summer Lilly in a storage center in another town, but we couldn't live through the separation. Last week, my mom packed up all the bright pink, green, turquoise, and yellow goodness in her car and brought it to it's real home. During the snow day that I had last Wednesday, we cleaned up everything by putting the clothes and accessories and shelves, as well as giving away the things we really didn't need. It's our little inside joke that we now have a "Lilly store" in our basement!
Here is the store in the beginning stages. It seems like a lot...and it is...but it was a lot of fun to organize because it's Lilly!!
My mom has a tote bag problem...
And a Kate Spade problem...so it's genetically inevitable for me to be a mini shopaholic.
My favorite things in the "store" are my Lilly dresses, of course. I cannot wait until spring so I can wear them all! Hopefully there will be a lot of fun parties and events so I can be Lilly-pink-and-green!!
At Splash of Pink in Westport, CT, there are always adorable Lilly Pulitzer stuffed critters in the store! I have been fortunate enough to be given some by the very nice people working there! I absolutely love them, my mother loves them, and I'm sure the daughter that I will have (I'm determined to have a little girl when I'm older) will love them!
The alligator above was a Christmas present from a very special friend, the Preppy Princess!! She's so sweet!
I got an award! Thank you so, so much Jeannie from Que Sera Sera!! Here are the award rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
1. My favorite TV shows are Modern Family, Say Yes to the Dress, and Hellcats.
2. I love John Hughes films. Ferris Bueller, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, all of them!
3. I have an adorable yellow lab named Biscuit.
4. When I go to college, I would love to do a semester abroad in France. I've twice before and I've been taking French since I was 10. I love, love, love France, especially Provence (where I went with my French class last June!)
5. Mexican food is my favorite kind of food. There's this great Mexican restaurant about 10 minutes away from my house and my family and I go there once a week (sometimes twice). Even though it makes me very bloated and dehydrated, I cannot live without guacamole and tostada nachos!
6. I really want to go to Egypt and Greece.
7. I could do Su Doku for hours on end. I've been playing it since i was about 10 years old and I love it. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to play on a regular basis.
I am so, so, SO excited for the spring Lilly collection (which comes out next week)!! My mother and I got a sneak peak of the absolutely adorable new line a couple of weeks ago at a Lilly store, and I am just in love. I found about 10 options for prom dresses, as well as 100 other perfect items! Everything I've seen coming out of the Spring 2011 collection I love!
Winter formal is Saturday, and since I've chosen the dress (the strapless Lilly - here's the link for the previous winter formal predicament post), it's time for the jewelry! When I tried on the dress, I felt kind of naked with just diamond/pearl studs on, so I think that I need a necklace to finish the whole look. Here are my choices:
The first choice is a very pretty necklace from Kate Spade.
The second, from J. Crew...
again, from J. Crew...
and lastly, from J. Crew. I love this but I think it's too much...
And then there's the bracelet. I'm kind of aloof about the decision about it. It's okay if it stays, it's okay if it goes. I'm also not as pale as the picture shows!
The ring is pretty much staying.
So what should I do? My mother and I are at a loss because we love all of the necklaces! I'm leaving it up to y'all!! Let me know which one y'all think I should wear!
One of my favorite things in the entire world is the charm bracelet that my parents gave me for my 8th grade graduation. It's from the Tiffany Charms line. 3 years and 12 charms later, I wear it every day and love Christmases and birthdays for the new additions!