Friday, August 5, 2011

Die, Blackberry, Die


This is my phone. It may seem all pretty and nice and working, but it is just a cruel illusion. I got this phone in January and now it's August and I would just love to throw it off of the Grand Tetons right about now. I originally got this Blackberry because all of my best friends had it at the time and I was ready for a newer (and cooler) phone. Huge mistake on my part. It doesn't go for 12 hours (during which I actually use it for a total of 10 minutes) without the battery dying. And this is my 2nd battery (which I got not even 2 weeks ago!! Come on!!)!! I'm so fed up with this phone. 

I went on the Verizon website to look at Customer Support and they won't let me send them an email about the phone, I can only call. So, I tried calling but the line was "too busy at the moment". I can't go to the store here in Jackson Hole because we already tried that once and they had no clue what they were doing. I'm going to wait until I get back to CT to go complain to the store. In a perfect world, they would say, "I'm sorry, here's a complimentary iPhone for your troubles". But this is Verizon. That day will never come.

Have a great day!!

xoxo, Hannah

11 comments:

  1. I'm so over my Blackberry too! I have to wait till December though to get a new phone, ugh. Hopefully some good luck will come along for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same phone! I always have to bring my charger on campus because without fail my phone will be dying by the end of the day. SO annoying. I have Sprint - even worse. I don't even have the option to get an iPhone right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should have waited a week to get an iPhone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Blackberry Bold 9780 and I love it! The battery lasts forever. That's too bad about your phone - hopefully Verizon will be reasonable and let you get an iPhone. Then you can buy a whole bunch of Lilly cases as there are way more cases for iPhone! =)

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you're talking about. I have verizon as well and I had their droid. The day of my graduation it crashed. I had gotten the phone 5 months prior to that. I went in to get a new one of the same phone and they told me they didn't sell the phone anymore so I had to buy a new phone. Lucky for me that meant an Iphone. Hope it all works out for you. Iphone is the best phone i've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that problem too! If it is still under warrantee, you can keep bringing it back to verizon to be replaced and if it is replaced a certain number of times (I think 3) in 3 months, they'll let you get a new phone at the 1-yr contract price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my god I have the same problem! My battery does not last at all, it's so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My blackberry randomly died last december...I didn't do anything to it or mistreat it and randomly a few of the keys stopped working. It was so weird...and really annoying to have to text without a handful of letters.

    I have the same bb now and it works decently, but I'm over it. If my BFF didn't have a bb and we didn't bbm constantly, I'd totally get an iphone.

    legallybrunettekate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had that exact same problem with my BB Tour!! I got it about two years ago, and this past spring I upgraded to the iPhone because I just could not stand it anymore! I'm obsessed with my iPhone... the battery doesn't last THAT long since I use it so much, but the internet is like a thousand times better! It took a while to get used to, but I'm so glad I did it now! And I'm glad I now get to Lilly-fy my phone with a cover :) And I saw your comment, and my school does start sooo early... it's still so hot in Tennessee and so I have no idea why we do that, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking about getting a blackberry...maybe not now!! Thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww...that's so frustrating! I had a BB Storm 2 until about 3 months ago when I finally upgraded to an iPhone. Good luck dealing with Verizon...they can be unreasonable sometimes, but hopefully you have fabulous luck with them this time!

    ReplyDelete