Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to my roots (literally)...

I have had many trials and tribulations concerning my hair, and finally, I think I'm done with the drama that is my hair.


As you can see, when I was little I had very blonde, preppy, girly, cute hair. Perfect for then but then the colored changed...


...into this. Blonde but not brown but kind of a mix. This was when I was 14 (when I had awful bangs but you can't really tell in this picture because they're pulled back by a headband).


This picture is from July of this year (when I was 17). It was perfectly blonde and the length was getting better (I'm trying to grow it super long) and it was PERFECT but then disaster struck...



Yesterday I went to the hair salon to get my natural color back, through right now it's a bit darker than how it used to be. The initial shock has worn off but I'm still not used to seeing my somewhat "natural" hair color again. I saw my best friend last night and she said that she really liked it, but I'm so not used to it! I feel so serious now with my new-found dark hair!

What do y'all think? Let me know!!

Have a great day everyone!!

xoxo, Hannah

13 comments:

  1. It looks pretty! I used to have blonde hair, too, but it's grown into a light brown that I'm not particularly fond of, so I'm thinking of dying it a darker chestnut shade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So cute! Seriously tempted to go back to my natural color now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so good! The color flatters you well, and it looks super healthy! I went through a phase where my hair was totally blonde, but now I'm back at my natural brown:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! I just went yesterday to have my summer blonde taken down to a fall blonde, more of a richer color, and it didn't turned out as I planned. It looks okay, but definitely darker than I was thinking, so I totally understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! You look older with darker hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great darker! I have gotten my hair dyed darker before, and its definitely a shock!! But it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks great! I have blonde hair too and usually highlight in the winter but am considering leaving it natural this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gave you a blog award! Check out my post for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great and flatters your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I think it looks gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is lovely, but you should know that it will fade to lighter over time, with washings, as it "oxidizes". If you want to speed the process, you can use a real detergent shampoo like Prell (can be tough on hair). I find I always prefer my color after two weeks, when a bit of the pigment washes out. Good luck!
    ~Muffy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks good blonde but it looks great darker!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the darker color, plus its nice having low maintenance hair. xo, LP

    ReplyDelete