Friday, January 20, 2012

Prepping for my birthday!!

Hello!! My birthday is coming up at the end of the month, and since it's my 18th birthday, I've decided to have a party!! I didn't have one last year (I don't know why...) so I'm super excited for this year. I'm going to have a dinner party with some of my close friends and then we're going back to my house for birthday cake and a sleepover!!

I'm going to totally shamelessly promote Paperless Post, but honestly, it's the best. I first used the website to send out my Secret Santa invitations from December, and I didn't hesitate using them for my birthday invitations!!! Here is the invite that I sent out:


Of course, I photoshopped this picture above and took out the place and address (for obvious privacy reasons) but there's a lot of room to put any details you want to add. They're super cute and they have so many options. I also adore how on the example versions of the invitations, they have the parties be "hosted" by Ernest Hemingway, Clarissa Dalloway (ironic since I just finished Mrs. Dalloway in my AP English class), Shirley Temple, and my ultimate favorite, Grace Kelly. The invitation I chose had Grace Kelly on it, so of course I had to choose it!!


I just had the epiphany to wear this dress!! I remember deciding between this dress and another pink Lilly dress for last year's Winter Formal. I haven't worn it yet, but I absolutely love it. The print is so pretty and it's pink.....and Lilly Pulitzer....so it makes perfect sense that I wear it on my 18th!!



I believe that I'm having a pink and green cake...of course...and my mom is putting in the order for it today!! It won't look like the cake shown above (obviously)!

Even though it's next Saturday, I promise to take a ton of pictures of the planning process and the actual party!! 

Have a great day!! I am in a "theater showcase" this weekend at my school which will be a ton of fun. It's all student written/directed/acted plays and this is my first year being a cast member! I can't wait!! I'm also getting my stitches taken out today from my foot surgery.

xoxo, Hannah

10 comments:

  1. Hon - your cake is not pink and green! But I promise you will like it! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party sounds so fun--I want to have a dinner party and sleepover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the invites and your party sounds so fun! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress and the invitations! Happy early birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress and your invites are adorable! I would love to have a party like that! I tagged you for The Blogger game if you'd would like to do it! If not it's no problem!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certain it will be a per~fect pink and green birthday celebration! I am throwing a birthday celebration for a co~worker on Thursday for 20 teachers. It will be a breakfast and of course I shall make all the goodies. I love throwing a pink and green party!! Can't wait to see your photos!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madam Spoiled

    (love the Lilly you chose!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite the milestone! It sounds super fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Lilly dress! Can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pink and green pair so well together...those were the colors my mother made my room when I was little! :) Cute cake too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paperless Post is seriously a hidden gem--I love it! Hope you have so much fun celebrating :) thrilled to have stumbled on your blog! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete