Sunday, July 8, 2012

Summer Reading

One of the main things that I do in the summertime is reading! I absolutely love it and I am always looking for new books to read. Unfortunately, it's super hard to find interesting books! I use my wonderful nook to read books, and I've started to just get samples of books so I can determine whether or not I want to actually buy the books! Here's what I've read so far this summer.


1. I caught up on the Pretty Little Liars series, and I've read #9, #10, and #11! They are not hard to read in the slightest, but they make for a fun, quick summer read!

2. I came across Sorority Sisters when I visited Barnes and Noble in June, and I was pleasantly surprised by it! It was about the friendship of a group of girls in California and I had a great time reading it.

3. The Fixer Upper is such a chick-lit book, but it got a lot better as it went along! It's about a lawyer who is forced to move to Georgia when her boss frames her for political bribery. She ends up renovating an old house that her family owned. It sounds ridiculous but I liked it!

4. Gone Girl. All I can say is BEST BOOK EVER. I am completely serious, I am so so so obsessed with this book it's not even funny. When I finished it, I was in a state of shock for the 24 hours following. I could not stop talking about it. It's about a kidnapping/murder case...that's pretty much all the information I can give away without giving too much away! READ IT!

5. I'm currently reading American Wife. The author, Curtis Sittenfield, wrote the popular book Prep, so I was interested to see what else they had written! It's very good so far, and I hope to finish it soon!

Other books that I have downloaded previews of are The Next Best Thing, Heat Wave, Summer Breeze, Savannah Blues, Something Borrowed, and Beach Music! If anyone has any suggestions, PLEASE let me know!

Have a great day!!

xoxo, Hannah

14 comments:

  1. I've been seeing Gone Girl a lot here lately and after reading how much you liked it, I'm going to give it a try! I love to find books that you can't stop thinking about :) I just finished The Selection. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. READ SOMETHING BORROWED!! Such a good book, I was obsessed. The sequel Something Blue is equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Paris Wife and Sarah's Key are two of my favorite books this year so far. I have Gone girl on my to read list, looking fwd to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to read American Wife and The Fixer Upper for so long! Definitely read Savannah Blues, and basically anything by Mary Kay Andrews! Also, The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee and Yankee Doodle Dixie by Lisa Patton. XO
    http://northshoreprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would suggest the book Lolita. It's a great read!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely read Something Borrowed!! I have read all five of Emily Giffin's books and can't wait for her sixth one to come out later this month! Something Borrowed and the sequel Something Blue are her only books that have to be read in order-the rest are stand-alone. My favorite Emily Giffin book is Love The One You're With. Plus Emily is a Wake Forest alum and thus so are some of her characters, which I'm sure you would like. I recently read "Prep" by Curtis Sittenfeld and enjoyed it. Last year I read Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews and liked it. Anything by Jennifer Weiner is excellent as well. Sophie Kinsella is another favorite author (she wrote the Shopaholic series) as well as Beth Harbison. Two great nonfiction reads I've read recently are Dominique Moceanu's memoir "Off Balance" and Shawn Johnson's memoir "Winning Balance." They will definitely get you in the mood for the upcoming Olympics. Feel free to email me if you want any more recs: pearlsgowitheverything@gmail.com
    -L
    pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something Borrowed was really good! And the PLL books are my guilty pleasure, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about Gone Girl, so now that I hear that you loved it I might just give it a try! I just finished The Art of Fielding and started Something Borrowed, which I love so far. I have a nook too, and I love how you can get samples of books on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I recently read American Wife, and just finished Prep! I loved them both so much, and i know that you will absolutely LOVE American Wife it's so good!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the PLL series! Just started #11!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the PLL series I watch the show too on ABC Family! a book I would suggest if you haven't read it or not is How to be Lovely: The Audrey Hepburn Way of Life here's the link http://amzn.com/0525948236 you can read more about it in the book description section. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should definitely read Faking It!!!

    Check out my summer reading list at www.southernpaisley.blogspot.com

    xoxo, katherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just finished American Wife and had no idea until I finished that it is a novel based on Laura and George Bush. I had no idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I (stupidly) thought it was about the Kennedy's until 3/4 of the way through and I realized it was about the Bushes!

      Delete