Many people don't think that Connecticut is a very humid place, but I can tell y'all first hand that it gets sticky and muggy in the summertime! I have very curly, frizzy hair when I don't spend time blow drying and straightening it. As girls with curly hair know, humidity is the number one biggest enemy when it comes to our appearance!
I started using the complete line of the Garner Fructis Sleek and Shine products at the beginning of the summer and I cannot even begin to explain how much the condition of my hair has improved. It sounds cliché, I know, but I'm completely serious! My hair never frizzes up anymore, even when it's ridiculously humid outside. In the picture shown above, I have my "before" and "after" from using the Sleek and Shine line. In the picture on the left, I was on my senior trip to Block Island where it was crazy humid and I just didn't even bother with fixing my hair! In the picture on the right, I was at the MetLife stadium in NJ where it was grossly hot and humid, but my hair stayed perfect all night!
(1 and 2) Sleek and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner: I only use these a couple of times a week (on the other days I use other shampoos/conditioners), but they give a nice base for smoother hair.
(3) Sleek and Shine Frizz Defeat Deep Treatment: This is basically a deep conditioner...I love it. It smells delicious! I don't use this every time I wash my hair; only a couple of times a week.
(4 and 7) Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment: My secret weapon is this smoothing oil. I think it works so well! Basically, you can apply a few drops with your conditioner OR you can use it when you're out of the shower and it's damp OR you can use it when it's dry! I use it all three times. It sounds like your hair would get really greasy and heavy, but I use a very small amount and it's great.
(5) Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm: When I first get out of the shower, I use a small amount of this and apply it from root to tip. It makes it easier for you to blow dry your hair straight.
(6) Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk: I love this a lot because it has "anti-humidity" in the title! I apply a small amount of this from about the middle of my hair to the tips.
(8) Sleek and Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist: I don't use this as much as the other products. But, when I do use it, I'll lightly spray the ends of my hair before I use my flat iron.
(9) Sleek and Shine Sleek Finish 5-in-1 Serum Spray: This is my newest purchase and I've only used this a couple of times, but I like it so far. You lightly, and I repeat, LIGHTLY, spray all of your hair with the serum spray. I accidentally used a little bit too much once and I did not like the results!
It sounds like a lot of products...and it is...but I use very small amounts of each products so that my hair doesn't get overpowered by everything. If I were to give y'all my must haves from the Sleek and Shine line from Garnier Fructis, they would be the Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment, the Blow Dry Perfecotr, and the Smoothing Milk.
I hope this helps everyone who has frizzy hair problems!!
Have a lovely day!!