Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What to Wear with Cowboy Boots

I am a huge fan of cowboy boots! I have two wonderful pair from Jackson Hole and I love wearing them. They're perfect for dressing down a sundress or adding southern style to an otherwise plain outfit. Here are some of my ideas for what to wear with cowboy boots!


(1) I wore an outfit similar to this a couple of nights ago. Wearing a simple blouse with skinny jeans tucked into cowboy boots is a great look. I usually don't like the "tucked-in" look for cowboy boots, but the blouse balances everything out and makes the outfit look a little girlier.

(2) A go-to outfit for me is a white shirt, scarf (usually a Lilly Pulitzer Murfee scarf), bootcut jeans and cowboy boots! It's super comfortable and can be worn year round.

(3) When you go to Wake Forest gamedays, you see a lot of variations of this third outfit. A simple dress with cowboy boots is perfect to wear to a football game, a concert, as well as class and hanging out with friends!

What do y'all wear your cowboy boots with? Let me know!

Have a great day!

xoxo, Hannah

6 comments:

  1. love these! Cowboy boots are my go-to for fall, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore my cowboy boots! I love wearing them with dresses- they're super popular on game day down here at UGA too!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a well timed post - I've just bought my first pair of cowboy boots and I've been at a loss as to what to wear them with - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my cowboy boots for fall and winter. I prefer to wear them tucked in to skinny jeans and I will wear them with just about any kind of top. Like you, I'm a big fan of a Lilly Pulitzer Murfee scarf with a plain top. I also like to pair my skinny jeans and cowboy boots with a cardigan or sweater with either pearls or a Murfee. I wear them with skirts and dresses too. Really they go with just about anything!
    -L
    pearlsgowitheverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too just purchased my very first cowboy boots - the Ariat Murrieta :

    http://www.cavenders.com/western/women/ladies-boots-shoes/western-snip-toe-boots/AR0010246

    Thank you for some of your ideas on what to wear with cowboy boots. Wished I had found this site before I left the house the other day with my new boots because I think I looked absolutely ridiculous. I paired the boots over black leggings & a long sweater -- and a black trench coat. I'm pretty sure I looked like a "rookie" and to top it off, I'm asian. Not many asian girls wear cowboy boots so I noticed a lot of strange stares. Is the trench coat a "no-no" with these boots? After reading your site, I have a better idea on what to wear.

    ReplyDelete