Thursday, January 24, 2013

Health and Fitness Tips!

I have gotten a ton of requests lately about posting my diet and exercise routine! I try to be pretty healthy, but that's definitely difficult in college!


I am a Pinterest-aholic, as y'all know, and I like to keep all of my health and exercise tips on my "Let's Get Skinny" board. It's nice to have everything in one place. Pinterest is also a good place to find new workouts and healthy recipes! 


One of my New Years resolutions was to log on Lose It every day. Lose It is a website as well as a great iPhone app where you can record your calories consumed and calories burned. I've been using it since my freshman year of high school and it definitely helps bring results! It really puts what you're eating into perspective so you can make better choices.



Here are the outfits that I wear the most when working out...as well as a majority of the time outside of the gym (I've gotten really lazy!). Of course there's the typical oversize t-shirt and norts combo, but I also like wearing yoga pants! Also, never forget your iPhone and water bottle when you're at the gym. i need my music to distract me while I work out!


When it comes to Starbucks, the safest option is to get just plain coffee. I like regular and iced coffee with non-fat milk and Splenda. Also, try not to get a pastry! All the food in Starbucks is super tempting, I know! I got the Starbucks app for my iPhone, and after looking at the nutrition facts for my favorite blueberry scone, it definitely made me rethink my choices. It's best to get one of their fruit cups or a salad!

Wake's gym!
I completely slacked on exercising at the end of last semester, but I'm usually really good at getting in at least 45 minutes of cardio 4-6 times a week. The elliptical is the easiest way to get the job done, in my opinion; you burn a lot of calories quickly and easily. During my senior year of high school, I was obsessed with spinning classes and kickboxing. They're really effective! I want to start running but I completely lack any and all motivation. Bottom line is, make sure you try to exercise at least 3 times a week for about 45 minutes per workout session! It really pays off. 


I like to keep dried cranberries, granola, oatmeal, and 100-calorie almond packets in my dorm room. I also have a Brita pitcher so I always have tasty water available!


In Benson (one of the places to get food on the Wake campus), I usually get a salad from the salad station either for lunch or for dinner. At the Pit (the main cafeteria at Wake), I'll either get a whole grain wrap, fruit, or a "hot dinner" (usually a sweet potato, veggies, and whole grain bread).

I hope this answers the question for all of the girls who emailed me! Have a great day!

xoxo, Hannah

11 comments:

  1. These are awesome tips! I have that same app and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying new workouts if always fun. I will agree that the iPhone and water are necessities for when I workout too!

    -Melissa
    classygirlingreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to check out the apps you've mentioned! I always love trying new ways to track my eating and exercise habits.

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like the lose it app better than my fitness pal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE lose it! I've used my fitness pal before but i keep going back to lose it!

      Delete
  6. Ohh I am totally checking out that Lose It app right now! I rarely go to the rec anymore at my school, I just workout in the sorority suite with sisters to P90x, Insanity, and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, haha! Thanks for sharing the app!!

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired me to start pinning more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks hannah! i love all your tips! you make me remember how disciplined i used to be! lol thanks for making the post and for inspiring me to get on track! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well health and fitness is possible is only if one is having healthy body.I have gone through your blog. The information you have given are really informative.
    Gym in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  10. The iPhone application that records daily calorie intake is superb. This can help one to manage and monitor his or her weight. Got to have this too! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete