Monday, January 14, 2013

Prepping for Recruitment

Hi y'all! I hope everyone has had a great Christmas vacation as well as New Year's! I have been out of school for the past 3 weeks (which still seems like such a long time to me!), but it hasn't been all fun and games; a lot of my vacation has been getting ready for sorority recruitment. Wake Forest has spring recruitment, meaning that at the beginning of the second semester, I went back to school a week early so I could participate in rush!

While I was very excited, I was still extremely nervous! I don't know how girls at large, super competitive schools like Alabama and Ole Miss go through recruitment. Greek life is still huge at Wake, but it's nowhere near as seemingly terrifying as SEC rush!

We had 4 rounds of recruitment: Philanthropy, Skit, Slideshow, and Preference. There were definitely days that were better than others! Everyone was so worn out by the end of day 1, but the light at the end of the tunnel (Bid Day!!!!!) kept pushing everyone through!

I got everything, and I mean everything ready for this past week. Outfits, emergency supplies, haircut, highlights, workouts...I'm exhausted! 


I researched every must-have item for rush that I possibly could! Blog posts from Summer Wind, Let's Be Preppy, and eTm helped out a lot!

I chose my outfits beforehand and uploaded everything onto Polyvore. Then, I made outfit boards so I could keep track of everything! 


Each day had a specific dress code. Day 1 was Philanthropy Day, and I was supposed to wear a casual top, jeans, and flats. I wore a J. Crew silk top, skinny jeans, and tall riding boots. 



Day 2 was Skit Day, and I was supposed to wear a nicer top, nice pants (no jeans or skirts), and flats. I chose a Lilly Pulitzer top (with a nude cami underneath), J. Crew pants, and Kate Spade flats.


Day 3 was Slideshow day, and it was suggested that we wear something similar to a gameday outfit, meaning a casual dress or a nice top/skirt. I wore a printed dress by Jude Connally and J. Crew flats. 

Lastly, Pref Night is the night that you wear a semi-formal cocktail dress and heels. I wore a Lilly Pulitzer dress and J. Crew heels; very pink and very me!

Check back in tomorrow to hear the rest of what happened for me during recruitment! 

Have a great day, y'all!!

xoxo, Hannah

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo I loved rush at NCSU. Being greek is such a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! I'm so happy it went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear specifics! I had a few friends attend Wake and were memebers of greek life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! You'll love whichever sorority you end up in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that you loved recruitment. It's such a crazy and stressful time, but SO worth it. Your outfits are all super cute, by the way!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to hear how rush went for you! Being Greek was the best part of my college experience, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear how rush went for you! Being Greek was the best part of my college experience, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear how recruitment went! I LOVE being Greek and is such a rewarding experience!!!

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a senior in ZTA so this is my third year rushing girls from the opposite side! It's so much work but totally worth it. Love your looks-pretty similar to what the girls wear for our rounds too! I especially love that lace Lilly top..I might have to get it!

    ReplyDelete