Monday, April 1, 2013

What to Bring to College: Men's Clothing Essentials

The men of Wake Forest know how to dress. We have the most attractive guys in the country, according to Glamour Magazine, and I can definitely attest to that! Basically, the guys are fratty and preppy, and while that might be cliché and annoying to some people, I love it. Here are some of the items that I've noticed guys wear around campus that I think every college man should own!


(1) Bowties: Perfect for tailgates! Check out the great selection on Country Club Prep.

(2) Seersucker Anything

(3) T-Shirts: Love choices from Southern Proper and Southern Tide.

(4) Baseball Cap: My favorites are from Smathers and Branson, Southern Tide, and Southern Proper.

(5) Sunglasses: Yay for Ray Ban!

(6) Every guy needs a blue blazer.

(7) I am obsessed with vests, and I am obsessed with guys who wear vests...just go to Vineyard Vines, boys.

(8) Even at southern schools Barbour jackets are HUGE! 

(9) Go buy khaki pants now!

(10) The oxford cloth button down from Ralph Lauren is perfect for anything

(11) Needlepoint belts from Smathers and Branson are great!

(12) I looove Vineyard Vines Shep Shirts!

(13) Sky's out thighs out! Whether they're J. Crew chinos or Chubbies, guys on campus are obsessed with shorts when it's warm enough to wear them!

(14) The go-to shoe is the Sperry Top Sider.

(15) And lastly, the ever-popular Bean Boot can always be found on guys around campus!

I hope people agree with this list!

Have a great day!

xoxo, Hannah

11 comments:

  1. I love this stye as well! My boyfriend knows how to dress, and I'm so happy for that. This is so him. Love this post :)

    Speaking of Smathers and Branson, A Preppy State of Mind is kicking off April with a fabulous giveaway with Smathers and Branson! The winner will receive a needlepoint key fob. Be sure to stop by and enter :)
    http://apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com/2013/03/smathers-and-branson-giveaway.html

    -Rachel
    www.apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to come and visit your school then! Hahaha. At my college the guys are pretty much clueless about how to dress... :-/ Loved all of your outfit pics! Gotta love guys in a nice pair of Sperrys.

    xoxo Miss ALK
    http://missalk1994.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! very much how boys at UVA dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love how the men at my school dress, which is exactly the same way you just described WF men. Along with that, seeing this laid out it's cute and funny how male preppy and female preppy have the exact same basics. I guess I should have figured that out sooner when my boyfriend and I accidentally match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the guys here at Ole Miss wear Cole Haan's instead of Sperry's, since those are completely over done, and wear Chaco's as a casual shoe during the spring and summer months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilly died this morning :( we Will always lover her

    ReplyDelete
  7. There really is no occasion when a Ralph Lauren button down isn't appropriate. Well, there are some, but who cares when men look so handsome in them. Mine does for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this post!! However, I have a question for you! I was wondering how you get the money to buy all of these cute clothes!! Do you work while you're at college?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great list. Thank you for sharing. I usually buy mens clothing in Burlington MA at Giblees but I will have to check out some of the stores you listed up top as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I usually buy champion clothing but I will have to check out some of the stores you listed up top as well! I was wondering how you get the money to buy all of these cute clothes!! Do you work while you're at college?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flatseven mens designer clothing is a good address for men to shop for their clothing. They are various in different styles and colors.

    ReplyDelete