Saturday, July 20, 2013

What to Wear: Gameday

Gamedays are huge events in the South, and I am so so so excited for Wake Forest's first football game (AUGUST 29th)!! Going into college, I didn't really know what to expect since my high school didn't have a football team. I didn't know if I should wear a Lilly dress to the game, or the school colors; I also didn't know what to bring with me to the tailgate. But, after my freshman year at Wake I think that I have it all figured out! 

Many students in Southern schools dress up for gamedays. It's a great chance to break out your sundresses and cowboy boots! Here are some of my favorite color-organized options for gameday.


blue door boutique dress (past style) | red dress boutique dress | asos mini bandeau sundress






I'm really lucky because Wake's colors are black and gold. I don't have to look very hard to find a cute black dress to wear! Out of the 6 home football games that I went to, I wore a school color-themed dress to 4 of them, and a Lilly dress to the other 2. 


Don't forget your sunglasses for the game! I always wore my pearls and monogrammed jewelry on gamedays, as well. Less is more when it comes to packing for a tailgate. A simple crossbody is perfect to fit your student ID, cell phone, and wallet! Lastly, I usually wear cowboy boots to football games. Just make sure they're comfortable and broken in! I hadn't worn my cowboy boots very much before I came to Wake, and I was absolutely miserable when I had to spend an entire day in them on one of my first gamedays. 

Here are some clothing websites that I usually turn to for gameday dresses!


I hope this helps y'all! I am counting the days until the first football game, they are literally SO much fun!

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

6 comments:

  1. Such a helpful list! I've been having the hardest time trying to find cute purple and yellow options.

    xoxo
    polishedinpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Revelry's dresses! I have the three way ruffled one in my school's color and it is perfect in the early game day heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! We don't have game days in Canada (to that extent you guys have in the states - jealous!) but doesn't stop me from buying cute dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. IJe - GEAUX TIGERS! (I assume?) I had the most luck finding gameday dresses in the little boutiques in Baton Rouge (they obviously ordered more than their share of purple and gold/yellow stuff!) But I mostly wore solids of one color or the other...you're right, the rest of the world hasn't exactly embraced it as a color scheme yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Post! What do you wear everyday? Casual or dressed up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute game day inspired post! Don't forget Tailgate Queen! Cute gameday dresses for every team!

    ReplyDelete