Thursday, July 18, 2013

What to Wear: Sorority Recruitment

One of the best decisions a girl can make going into college is to participate in sorority recruitment. 

I had a different experience with rush because Wake Forest has spring recruitment. Our rounds weren't the same as other schools, and the outfits were very different than what girls wear for fall rush. That being said, I've put together some outfits of what I personally think would be good to wear for recruitment. It truly varies school to school the "dress code" for each round, but there are the basic days that I think are pretty standard for each college's recruitment.

As a guideline for each round, I looked at the University of Alabama's greek life website. It's actually very informative!










This is just a basic guideline for what to wear for rush. Every school is different, so I've tried to be very generic in terms of what to wear for each day. Good luck to all the incoming freshman going through recruitment! It is definitely the best decision I've made in college, and I am so thankful for my sorority! I don't know what I would do without the girls I've met since bid day! You really do end up where you're supposed to be (like college), so don't worry and have fun! It all works out in the end.

For those girls who have already been through recruitment, please comment with advice and tips for PNM's!

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

3 comments:

  1. I"m a tri-delt in Colorado and the best piece of advice I ever got and can give is: don't be afraid of the "sorority stereotype". You may have heard stuff from older sisters, aunts, older friends, and as much as you think you may have a favorite, go into recuitement with an open mind and be yourself! You'll find a house that you love and who love you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep an open mind! You will not have a good experience if you start recruitment with the thought, "I only want to end up with XYZ sorority, and no one else". If you go through the process with that kind of tunnel-vision, there's a good chance you will be disappointed. A friend of mine got a bid to her 3rd choice of chapters. She almost quit on her first day. She ended up sticking with it, loving the girls she met, and became chapter president!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know its different from school to school! I go to the University of Kentucky, an SEC school, and the guidelines for each round are a little different! You should definitely see what your specific school thinks is appropriate :) I'm glad you made this though so that girls can be prepared! You really will end up where you belong I promise!

    ReplyDelete