Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm all packed!

Hi y'all! I've been super inconsistent with posting and I'm really sorry! I've had a bit of writer's block, plus all that has been on my mind has been getting ready for the drive down to Wake Forest. I know I've missed the boat for the girls going down early for recruitment, but I thought that I would show y'all how I packed all my things to go to school.


All of my clothes, bedding, and other dorm goodies were kept in our guest room (this is not everything though!). 



I made a huge list of everything that I wanted to bring to college. It does seem like a lot, but it's really not! I literally just sat in my room and looked around and wrote down everything in my line of vision that I wanted to bring to school. Later, I'm going to go through the entire list and officially cross of the items I've packed. 




I didn't really want to pack all my clothes in big duffel bags (which I did last year and I wasn't a huge fan of), so instead I organized everything in tote bags. For example, tops were in one tote, then norts and leggings, then t-shirts, and dresses! 


I have a big plastic container for my "going out" clothes and shoes to put under my bed so they can stay separate from the clothes that I actually wear every day. 


Notice my new backpack? 



I have two vertical containers to go under my bed; one is my costume box, and the other will be for food. Right now I'm just packing random items like shampoo and makeup in it so it has a home when we're driving down. Then, when I get to Winston-Salem, I'll make a Target trip to fill up the food container. 


I have a pink carry-on suitcase (my favorite) to put in the front seat of my car for the hotel on Friday night. It's also good to have just under my bed at school for weekend trips and going back home!



I have a hanging jewelry case to put in my closet. I love it because it won't be taking up hardly any space!


I have other containers to go under my bed that are currently holding hangers and some bedding items. 

That's basically it! I have to put all of this in my mom's and my car later today, which won't be bad at all. I'm not bringing half the clothes that I brought last year, and I definitely de-cluttered my packing!

Also, just a quick thing, it's come to my attention that there are some Tumblr/Insta/Twitter accounts called the Pink and Green Prep that are not mine! If you want to follow me on social media, please click the links on my sidebar. I am under the name "hannahkate131" on instagram and twitter, not the Pink and Green Prep. I just don't want there to be a mix up! I've also seen some reposting of my pictures on instagram without my permission/knowledge! Please ask me before if anyone wants to repost anything! Thanks so much!

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

13 comments:

  1. Good luck on the big move back to school! You'll have so much fun this year now that you know the ins and outs of things. And have a blast on the flip side of Recruitment. It's awesome being on the inside for the first time.

    KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same backpack! I hope you have a great second year at Wake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with moving in! I love your new backpack, where did you purchase it from?

    Xoxo
    mQs
    shrorelifeofm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great year!!! My sophmore year was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the hanging jewelry case?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the monogram on your new backpack! I still have all my costume stuff from college and actually wear it here and there for school stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your hanging jewelry case! i like that you can put it in your closet. i kinda wish i did that because my roommates stole my jewelry!(expensive ones too .. cry!) your bedding looks so cute! have fun! sophomore year is so fun!! :) i graduated college so i'm living vicariously through you! i miss the excitement of going back to school!! :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so organized! I love how you make a packing list for almost everything! Good luck with moving in!

    -aPn
    lifeinlilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get your backpack monogrammed? I've been looking for a place to go in CT or NY but I can't find one! Have a great year sophomore year at wake :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun and here's one random tip...while I adore Target I would not buy food there. My husband works corporate for Kellogg's and Target is known as the graveyard for food (as in it is ordered in and sits there until it goes out of date pretty much). So if you want fresher crackers, granola bars, etc I would food should anywhere but target!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just interviewed at Wake and will be applying this fall! This makes me so excited :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where did you get the monogramed backpack!?!? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete