Monday, September 23, 2013

How I'm Staying Healthy in College

I am the first person to admit that freshman year destroys your body. You are so out of your element and things can definitely get out of hand! When I got home from school, I was so unhappy at how much weight I had gained that I made a huge effort to get back on track with working out and eating healthy. It definitely is easier at home to lose weight because you're not tempted with late night meals, plus you have more time for exercise and sleep. 


Now that I'm back in school, I have been fairly healthy and I have tried to work out at least 5 days a week. If I eat a Subway sandwich at 2 AM after going out, I make sure for the rest of the day to be really healthy. My meals typically consist of:

Breakfast: Starbucks blueberry oatmeal OR Special K protein meal bar 
Lunch: Salad OR Sushi
Dinner: Salad OR Veggie Burger OR Turkey Wrap 


I made a joke on Twitter recently that all I've been eating is veggie burgers, sushi, late night Subway and Diet Coke. It's so true! You definitely get into a routine once classes start, and now I know what to eat and what times, as well as when is best for me to work out.

I try to go to the gym...I'm not as consistent as my best friends who go every day, but I really do try to go 5 days a week. I will either do the elliptical for 45 minutes, or I'll run! Recently I've started running, and I'm shocked at how it isn't horrible and I actually feel great during and after! Also, I really do considering going out a workout because I dance a lot when my friends and I go to parties. You basically sweat out your body weight too!


Freshman year, I did gain the typical frosh-15. But, since the end of second semester last year, I have lost the freshman 15, as well as 10 more pounds! I'm so happy and it's definitely made me reconsider what to eat and how to work out when I'm in college.

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

4 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I'll definitely keep this in mind when I'm a freshman this fall....

    -AH

    www.thenauticalprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow congrats! awesome tips- youre inspiring me! im trying to lose the freshman 15.. believe me it doesnt get any easier once youre out of college! thanks for sharing :) PS what do you eat for snacks? or do you try to avoid snacks? you look great as always! (i couldnt tell you gained anything btw lucky girl! too bad im short-weight gain on me shows so easily :*( haha! )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! Keep doin what you're doin girl you fabulous!
    xoxo,
    cYa
    citrusandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! What subway sandwiches do you like the best? I can never decide which one when I go there and always end up getting the same one. would love to know which ones you recommend! x

    ReplyDelete