I found this picture via Pinterest and I am absolutely in love with it. My hair is basically ombré right now (since I haven't had it highlighted since December...oops) but Lauren Conrad's is perfect! She really can do no wrong...
Beach Weekend at Wake Forest is a tradition within the Greek system where fraternities take dates to the beach for a weekend. Each fraternity has a location and house, and basically you just hang out with your friends for a weekend! I am actually going to two beach weekends which is super exciting! Last weekend, I went with my friend (who I actually went to high school with!) to Charleston. Then, this weekend, I'm going with Grandbig's boyfriend's best friend to Myrtle Beach, so it's not like a date-date, if that makes sense. It's going to be awesome because 3 of my close friends from my pledge class will be there, as well as my fabulous Big and Grandbig! Yay!!
I really only wear bikinis and t-shirts the entire weekend, so this isn't going to be a very diverse post in terms of outfits...but I hope y'all enjoy some of the ideas I've come up with for what to wear!
Subtly Fabulous is a blog created by the lovely Samantha, and she just launched a stationary shop through the blog! She honestly has the cutest, girliest stationary and notepads; I love it all! Here are some of my favorite items.
Pink and Green Damask Flat
Hunter Boots Notepad
Merci Beaucoup Folded
I'm announcing my giveaway with Subtly Fabulous for the "hello and bonjour" cards shown above!
2. I have made the biggest effort to wear cute outfits this week! The weather has been so nice and I felt like I should stop wearing leggings and t-shirts every day!
Frozen corn as an ice pack?
3. My ankle has made improvements! For those of y'all who don't know, I recently sprained my ankle at Carolina Cup :( . This is my second week with an ankle brace on, but I only have to wear it when I work out now! Yay!
I loooove music and I can definitely relate specific songs to certain events that have happened this year in college! Here are the top 5 most memorable songs from my freshman year!
(1) I am fairly certain I have requested "Dance (A$$)" by Big Sean at every single party this year. I am not lying. I am beyond obsessed with this song...like y'all don't understand. I turn into a crazy person when I hear it! It's also a big-little bonding song for me and Big!
(2) "Ayy Ladies" is such a fun song...if you can understand what they're saying...
(3) I LOVE THIS SONG! "Cruise" is such a feel good happy song and everyone belts it out when we hear it at parties!
(4) Deltas unite! Whenever any Tri-Delts at Wake hear the Wobble, for some reason we all group together and do the dance! It's crazy how we can immediately find each other!
(5) Macklemore actually came to Wake for WakeStock...but ended up leaving after some technical difficulties. Still awesome! Thrift Shop is like an anthem at our school!
It has FINALLY gotten to be nice outside at Wake Forest, and I'm finally wearing real clothes to class instead of leggings and a sorority t-shirt! I'm trying to not wear a Lilly shift dress every day - which is super hard - so I spiced it up with a maxi dress this week! Here are some of my favorite maxi dress options from a few of my favorite stores.
(1) Francesca's is an awesome place for inexpensive and cute dresses! I love all the maxi dresses on their website! Also, they have great jewelry to accessorize the dress with!
(2) Lilly Pulitzer is my go-to for maxi dresses. I have 2 casual Lilly maxi dresses and 4 more formal maxi dresses...I'm a little obsessed.
(3) I was at Forever 21 last weekend and I thought that they had great options for springy maxi dresses!
(4) The embellishment at the neckline of this dress from Francesca's is super cute!
(5) My mother loved this Lilly dress when it came out earlier this year!
(6) I just bought this dress from Forever 21 in turquoise! Belt it and add jewelry and you're good to go!
(7) Another dress from Francesca's...such a pretty color and great for the beach!
What are some of y'alls favorite places to get maxi dresses? How do you like to style them? Let me know!
I don't know what I'm going to do after college when I don't have any costume parties to go to. I love dressing up for themes, it's so much fun! Here are some of the outfits that I've worn so far this year at Wake Forest.
Sex and the City costume...I was the only blonde in the group of 4, so I was deemed as Samantha! Super easy outfit!
90's party! I was Britney Spears circa "Baby One More Time" and I really wish I had my high school grey kilt to wear!
Risky Business! This was one of my favorite themes so far this year, it was SO much fun!
Tacky Christmas Party!
My dad (a lifelong UT fan) threatened to disown me because I was wearing an Alabama jersey to our "Delta Draft" date function!
"Boston Tea Party" mixer...I am obsessed with America themed parties!
Even more America...
This isn't a very good picture, but it was before our Tight and Bright mixer. I love paint parties!