My friends and I look forward to events like these because there are not that many chances to get nicely dressed while at college! Here are the usual steps that we go through before a nice date function or formal.
(1) Ask your date! This probably takes most of the effort (haha). I've taken a motley crew to my formals and date functions...ya never know what's going to happen!
(2) Choose your dress! I have my dresses for the next couple of formals picked out already.
(3) Work out! Gotta look your best in your dress!
(4) Get a tan! I have just recently started getting spray tans with my friends before big events. It really pays off!
(5) Get a mani/pedi! Always fun to primp before an event.
(6) Fix your hair! I usually wear my hair straight for formals and d-funcs.
(7) Do your makeup! I looove to do makeup, and I always do my friends makeup before we go out. Make sure you wear waterproof eye makeup, it's worth it!
(8) Have fun!
Have a great day!