Thursday, January 16, 2014

What to Wear: Formals and Date Functions

I have received a ton of requests to post about formal and date function dresses! I previously did a post about the formal dresses that I currently own, so check it out

There are two events that I get dressed up for: semi-formals (most likely a Tri Delt semi) and date functions (most likely a fraternity event). Our Tri Delt d-funcs are usually themed, so we wear costumes instead of nice dresses. I definitely dress differently according to whether it's a guys or girls hosted event. For example, I'll wear a nice Lilly dress to a Tri Delt semi-formal and a bandage dress to a fraternity date function.


adrienne dress | judith march dress (past style) | preen dress (past style)

The three dresses shown above are great because they're all appropriate lengths and not too showy. I have the Preen dress is green and I am so pumped to wear it for something because it's so fun!



These dresses are a little bit tighter or a little bit shorter. If I have a really short dress, I make sure it's long sleeved so that I am not showing everything. It's all about balance! 

Some places that I like to look for nice dresses are: ASOS, Lilly Pulitzer, Revolve, Tobi, and Nasty Gal.

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with you about not showing everything! If I wear something super short I try to make sure the neckline isn't too provocative and vice versa :)

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any problems ordering from Tobi?

    ReplyDelete