Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sorting my life out

Hey everyone! A lot of y'all have asked me to write a post about my plans for after college, as well as what classes I'm taking and what my major is. It has been a long and tiring process, but I think that I have finally started to figure things out and make some decisions about my future!

At Wake Forest, we have to decide our major by February of our sophomore year. I changed my mind a million times...I have been pre-med, pre-business, health and exercise science, elementary education, special education, communications, political science...literally everything.


I finally decided on Psychology after taking an intro-psych class my sophomore fall! I absolutely love it and I find it to be so interesting. I'm taking two psych classes this current semester, and then for the next two years they will be the majority of my hours. 

I also declared a communications minor. There are so many areas that you can get involved in with a comm major/minor, and while at first I was interested in broadcast journalism (back in the days when I wanted to be a Fox News reporter....wow), I am now looking toward the PR and marketing path. 

This blog has been a great way to get involved with journalism and communications in general. Funnily enough, one of my comm professors said that starting a blog is a great way to gain experience if I ever wanted to follow through in magazine industry in the future!

Who knows what I'll do post-college or where I'll live but at least I've got my foot in the door with  some decisions! 

Have a great day!

xx, Hannah

4 comments:

  1. I'm a PR major and it is so broad, yet useful! You can do so many different things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I majored in psychology too! It's so useful in anything you choose to do after college!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was an art history and psychology double major! I work in marketing currently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED the psych courses I took at Wake, all with Dr. Heath Greene so I highly recommend him. I was a biology major (pre-health), researched in cancer biology, ecology, and even in the religion department studying fashion! I love that Wake doesn't make you feel married to your major, so I had so many wonderful experiences. I'm now a business grad student at Duke and Wake prepared me for a successful future in more ways than I can count! I definitely did a lot of soul searching to figure out what I wanted to do, so I know the feeling of switching career paths 1,000 times. Best of luck with psych!

    ReplyDelete