Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What I'm Wearing: Carolina Cup

SO CLOSE UNTIL CAROLINA CUP!

Follow me on Instagram!
I'm wearing a Jubilee-era Betsey Dress from Lilly! Strapless dresses are my personal favorite, and it's just so pretty! I'm pairing it with gold McKim's (my personal favorite...so comfortable). I was going to wear a monogrammed derby hat but then I came to the honest realization that I really don't look good in hats...so I'm breaking the derby tradition!

Another note about shoes. Wear flat sandals, I am begging you. Wedges are not the way to go for Carolina Cup!

Prepare for any kind of weather...I know a couple of years ago it was raining, and girls wore Hunter's instead of sandals. It happens! Pack a bag for the bus ride over with water, a snack, maybe makeup and a hairbrush...it's a long day and you don't want to be without the essentials. Last year I woke up at like 5 to get on the fraternity bus, and I got back at probably 8 or 9!

Looking forward to seeing y'all in your Lilly best! Tweet me @PandGPrepBlog if y'all are there and want to say hey!

xx, Hannah

3 comments:

  1. I don't look good in hats either, and I tried to be cool and not wear one last year when I went to Foxfield. I quickly realized that derby hats are more than a fashion statement, they keep the sun off of your chest and shoulders. I came home with 2nd degree sunburn...so be careful if you don't wear a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! We used to have the Foxfield races at UVA and it was always my favorite time of year! I loved wearing big hats but I do have to say I haven't gotten much use of them living in NYC now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't look good in hats either! I'm going if the Foxfield races and wasn't planning on wearing one... Glad I'm not the only one who will be breaking the tradition!

    Kristin
    thedixiedaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete