Friday, May 16, 2014

The end of an era

     Hi y'all! I don't really know how to go about starting this post because there is quite a lot on my mind about this blog. I started The Pink and Green Prep four years ago, when I was going into my junior year of high school. To be honest, I was just really bored during the summer and due to inspiration from Summer Wind and Monograms and Manicures, I decided to start this blog. I had no idea that it would be such a success and that so many people would respond positively to my posts. 
     Now, four years later, I'm a rising junior in college, and very much a different person from the high school junior who had so much pep and enthusiasm for writing about headbands and shift dresses. I am so thankful for everyone who has viewed, commented, and liked what I've written. I have had so much fun working on The Pink and Green Prep, but sadly this is the last post. I have changed a lot in the time from 11th grade to now, and originally my plan was to keep writing until I graduate college. However, for personal reasons I would rather not continue with the blog. I have loved every email that y'all have sent me, as well as every awkward face-to-face encounter that I've had with readers (shoutout to two very special Tri Delt freshman who recognized me at a frat party, you know who you are). Thank you so so much for your endless support, for y'all have kept me going with The Pink and Green Prep! I never knew this blog would have any readers, let alone almost 2 million views. And who knows, maybe y'all will see me in the future with another site! 

xoxo, Hannah

15 comments:

  1. Good luck in the future - I'll miss reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand! Best of luck to you as you end your college years and transition to life post-grad. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to miss you Hannah! Thanks for all the great posts and good luck with everything in the future.

    Stay Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your absolutely, wonderful posts! I will miss you! Good luck in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you - I will miss your post. I had a freshman daughter at college this year and I got gift ideas for her from reading your blog. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss you so much, you introduced me to prep (from the UK) and my tummy would flip every time I saw a new post of yours! Thanks to you, I buy a Lilly agenda every year and monogram everything possible!
    Thank you Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss you so much Hannah! You were such an inspiration to me! Good luck to the life that waits before you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a blast reading your blog and seeing you inspire people around the world. Enjoy life fully and word of advice from a recent college grad, enjoy your sorority days because they truly fly by! Best wishes xoxo A Canadian fan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will miss you so much! Your blog was so wonderful and you are the reason I love preppy style!! Good luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll miss you so much! I love your blog but hope to see you on another one soon!

    Kathleen
    aspoondulofprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hannah, your blog has been my favorite for two years. Your fresh perspective, and insights on college and fashion have really influenced me! I know everyone will miss reading your blog, but definitely do what you want to do! Best wishes for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww i will miss your blog it was my favorite! :) i loved seeing how your style has evolved and changed. but i totally understand with wanting to take a break from it! you always have the best style and tips and i will miss your posts! good luck with school!!! seeing how much fun you are having makes me miss college so much :) definitely enjoy it and live it up!!! cherish the time you have at college-school, with your friends, everything- now looking back a few years later after i have graduated i wish i had done that more. take care! thanks for being an inspiration! :) i'll miss you! Xo Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will be missed but it is way more important to enjoy your college years! Have fun and best of luck to you! sc

    ReplyDelete